Sunday, June 21, 2015

To The Most Deserving

I can say so much about you,
Think of memories, 
That gave me life,
Opportunities to smile,
Chances to learn, and grow,
Freedom, that made me who I am.

Thanks to you for the memories,
of a love that has been life long,
naturally pure every step of the way,
the way everyone should love,
care and heart that I've never found,
in anyone else, through the path,
of the life we've shared, together.

Time, well I'm sure in your eyes,
It's gone quicker than I can ever imagine,
You've always been there,
Preparing me, guiding me,
ever so slightly, showing me,
what means most in the life,
you have come to know, and understand,
for this at it's core,
Is one of the hardest things,
To genuinely find in anyone, in my world.

Father, Dad, Pops, Mike,
are the names you go by,
there is no one else more grateful,
Appreciative, and honored,
to have a man of your character,
to call upon, with such well deserved,
life titles, to describe who you are,
What you stand for, who you mean most to,
the father of my thoughts,
the one I think about when I walk every path,
the man that has been through it all,
not only for me, but with me,
for that you're forever loved, by me,
Your son.

Through out my days, 
I've seen you transpire into, 
My best friend, 
a relationship that if simply explained,
would be only simply understood by most,
but be sure, the dedication,
You have shown me in everything you do,
has built me to be who I am,
When I stand in front of you,
it is the sole result, of just that,
Our family, our lives, built by a father with,
love, and great instincts, 
that over time, I've been grateful,
To understand, as the purest love of all.

Everyday I'm reminded of you,
No matter the path, 
no matter the choice,
but what stands out the most,
Everyday, I always have my father,
I'm never left knowing nothing about you,
always knowing I can reach you,
As you are always right there with me,
making sure I'm loved, and smiling.

On a day, they call your day,
I want you to know,
that everyday at it's core,
Is your day, to me, your son,
I always want you to feel,
That everything you have shown me,
I strive to show you as well,
So that along the way,
You always will understand,
The father you are,
The man you are,
The quiet heroics, 
that I appreciate, that I admire,
as I will always be here for you, 
when you need,
The love, the son, you gave your all to,

As I am, forever & always,
Your son, 
to the most deserving,



Happy Father's Day Pops!



MK. 15'

No comments:

Post a Comment